Perfect Casa » Houses / Villas - Sales - Giurgiu
 

Houses / Villas - Sales - Giurgiu

 
35762
ID
GIURGIU
zone
1 500 000 EURO
price
1 336
sqm
 
 
 

Offer details

ID 35762

  • Category: Sales Houses / Villas
  • Province: Giurgiu
  • Gross built area: 1336 sqm
  • Locality/Sector: Giurgiu
  • Total Land Area: 38700 sqm
  • Zone: Giurgiu
  • Year of construction: 1642
  • Sale price: 1 500 000 EURO

Offer Description

Perfect Casa presents for sale an outstanding property located in Giurgiu county.

Location

The Heresti estate is located 36 km SE of Bucharest (50 minutes from downtown), nearby the Bucharest-Oltenita road, in the vicinity of the Arges river and approx. 15 km from the Danube.

History

The history of the Heresti Estate is related to the Nasturel family, who owned the place from late (possibly earlier) 16th to early 19th century. The main building, named in recent documents “the stone house” (casa de piatrà) was built in 1642. In those days, the Nasturels became one of the most famous boyard family of Valachia when one of its members, Udriste Nasturel, a distinguished scholar and humanist, became privy counseller and ambassador of the Valachian prince Matei Basarab who was married to Udriste Nasturel’s sister, princess Elina.

In order to keep up with its newly acquired social rank, the Nasturel family untertook to rebuilt the old family house, together with other buildings which had badly suffered from a 1620 earthquake, such as the Heresti church. The new family house was rebuilt entirely with massive, white, limestone blocks, probably from a bulgarian quarry, in striking contrast to the local building materials in Valachia, such as bricks, wood and clay (stone was used exclusively for specific ornamental purposes).

By the end of the 18th century, the Heresti Estate was in the ownership of the Great Ban (highest boyard rank) and General Constantin Nasturel Herescu. In 1830, due to financial problems, it was sold by the last Nasturel owner’s widow, Anita (born Filipescu) to Prince Milos Obrenovici of Serbia. During the Obrenovici period, a tower in the neo-classical style and a new wing were added to the “stone house” which became known as the Obrenovici palace.

In 1881, the Heresti Estate was acquired by Anastase Stolojan, one of the founders of the romanian liberal party and minister in numerous governments directed by prime-minister I.C. Bràtianu between 1879 and 1897.

In 1931 a fire destroys the roof, floors and wooden masonery of the palace and the Stolojan family moves into a nearby house known as the “Stolojan house”. In the 30ties, Heresti became a well known farming estate, whose produce (fruit, vegetables, flowers, wheat) were sold in Romania or exported.

The last owner of Heresti was Dinu Stolojan, son of Anastase. In 1949 the property was taken over by the comunist state and its owners expelled. Restauration of the palace by the state started in 1954 when it was decided to eliminate the architectural elements added by the Obrenovici (tower, new wing) in order to stick to the original plans of the Nasturel “stone house”. Work on the restauration of the house itself started in 1964.

After the 1989 revolution, the Heresti estate landed under the management of the Romanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul Taranului Român). Various exhibitions and cultural events were organized in the “stone house”.

In september 2013 the property was finaly returned to its legitimate owners, heirs of Stolojan family : Nicolae Stolojan-Filipescu and Marina Stolojan-Le Breton.

 

The Heresti estate in 2013

From the Heresti property of Dinu Stolojan, only a small part of the land was returned to the family, together with the main buildings.

Total present day land surface is 38700 m2(3.87 h) out of which 4995 m2 are for the courtyard, parc and ground surface covered by the buildings and 33705 m2 of farming land (so called: “vegetable garden”. The land is entirely closed, either walled (upper section including the courtyard, parc and buildings) or fenced (lower section including the “vegetable garden”).

Buildings:
- The Heresti “stone house”

It is one of the most ancient and interesting monuments in Romania, located near the fringe of a flat-land above the Argesh river plain. It was built entirely with massive white limestone blocks, probably from a bulgarian quarry, which were shipped upstream to Heresti through the Danube and Argesh river. Large cut and polished limestone blocks and slabs were used for the erection of the main walls, vaulted ceilings and door arches of the staircases, cellars and for the ground-floor.

The building is “L” shaped with arms of equal length and two identical portals on both sides of the inner corner of the building. The portals are decorated in the baroque style, with the coat of arms of the Nasturels above the entrance . Each entrance was for one of the two Nasturel brothers (Udriste and Kazan) and the house was divided into two identical units for two separate families. The vaulted cellars also have two separate entrances.

The two separate, large vaulted cellars, staircases and the ground-floor with its small, baroque windows are preserved in their original 17th century state while the upper floor, the “piano nobile”, has been largely renovated, displaying five large rooms and two smaller, vaulted ones, with a total surface of 340 m2 (680 m2 for ground and upper floors).The roof, above the attic, is made of red tiles.

 - The “Stolojan” house

50 m away from the « stone house » on the same ridge above the Argesh, it was built around 1835 and modernized in the 30 ies by the family who moved into this house after the 1931 fire. It has a ground floor, upper floor and large attic. Total surface for the 2 floors is 494 m2.The old house has brick walls and a tile roofing. Concrete flooring and staircase were added in the 30ties, together with all necessary water, electricity and heating equipment.

Nowadays, the main walls, masonery and roofing are still in a good state but the plumbing, heating system and water connexion must be rebuilt.

 - The Administrator house: 

On the left side of the main entrance gate, there is a smaller house, built around 1850. It has brick walls and iron-sheet roofing on wooden masonery. Soil surface is 166 m2 and it is in a satisfactory state.

 

Do you want to know more about this offer? Contact Us

Contact us for this offer

TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS OFFER CALL TO 021/224.55.20 , 021/224.55.36
OR SEND YOUR CONTACT WITH YOUR MESSAGE.
Name*
Firstname*
Phone*
E-mail*
Message*
Security code*:
Security Image
Fields with * are mandatory!